Reason #26: bad weather can cause a power outage
On a Bura day like today or during a storm you can suddenly be left without power.
I knew this and still I didn’t prepare, so earlier this evening I was scrambling to find a flashlight or a candle. If you live on Brač, you should always be prepared for this. Know where your candles are at all times! And matches.
Pros of a sudden power outage:
- you can’t watch TV
- you have to snuggle up next to someone
Cons of a sudden power outage:
- your heater is out (in the winter)
- your AC is out (in the summer)
- stepping on your glasses, or the cat, or the baby in the dark
- candle light can be very unflattering. Ladies, stand at a safe distance if you’re trying to impress someone.
PS I’m still stuck on mainland thanks to Bura. See previous post.